Tuesday 7 October 2014

Club de Arte: office weeks

Since the Club de Arte exhibition I have been mainly office based, working on cmap reports and evaluations of the projects, dismantling the kids´ work to return to them and planning for re-opening the workshops next week on the 13th October .  I have also been out with other JUCONI team members on a couple of occasions to take photos and helped out yesterday at Ronald´s Club de Futbol championship.

In all honesty it has been a pretty solitary few weeks in the office, apart from when Señora Jenny pops up to see me with her sunny smile, and when Becky and I go for lunch.  But something guaranteed to brighten my days is when I have a surprise visit from one of my children from Club de Arte.  Sometimes children come into the JUCONI office when one of their parents has a meeting with a member of staff and the Club de Arte children always come up to our space on the top floor to say hello.  Over these last few weeks, with the office still being full of all the mounted work from the exhibition, it has meant they have had a chance to look through it all at their own pace.  They also get a chance to play with materials, or do word-searches and colouring in, and best of all we get more of a chance to chat.

I´ve taken the opportunity on a couple of occasions to invite the child to share a little about their experience of our workshops through the cmap mini interview.  I was glad to hear from one of our teenage girls from Sergio Toral that when she has been to a Club de Arte session she feels ¨good, happy and content¨! 





No comments:

Post a Comment