Friday 31 January 2014

An unexpected morning in Miami!


Heading back out to South America last week a delayed landing at Miami airport left me stranded after missing my connecting flight to Guayaquil, Ecuador.  The silver-lining to this was an overnight stay in a deluxe hotel courtesy of the airline, food vouchers gigantic bed and all!  (The negative side the sweaty stressing in the airport trying to make the connection and then again later when I couldn't get through to JUCONI staff to warn them not to try picking me up at the Guayaquil airport.)

My two traveling companions this time: Lily's now well-travelled buddy Moley and his new side-kick, Amelie's Bruno-the-Bear. Thanks girls for giving me their company  - we'll keep sending through photos for your Moley photo albums, so keep an eye out!

Plus having an unexpected morning in the city gave me the opportunity to wander the art-covered streets of Wynwood in mid-town Miami… here are some of my favourites of the amazing HUGE murals coating the streets of that neighbourhood (because of time I had to choose between visiting the murals or the beach, so having chosen the murals was glad to see the beach in one of the murals - see top of post).


(left) Art is my weapon
(right) Education and a good cup is key… (the wall of a Wynwood cafe)

LOVE PEACE RESPECT UNITY EQUALITY FREEDOM






MAKE YOUR OWN WAY



 HOLD ON TIGHT TO YOUR DREAMS

HEEART THIS CITY


Big love (from Guayaquil a week later)
:-)

No comments:

Post a Comment