Saturday 23 August 2014

Club de Arte 2.08: Superhero Portraits

THEME OF WEEK 2:08:  My Superhero Portrait
and the Charlotte Miller Art Project in Guayaquil, Ecuador

IDEA AND AIMS:  For the children to dress up in their superhero costumes and to imagine their super-name, super-power, weak point and mission.  To record their superhero characters through both photographic and filmed portraits.

Ideas of super names, powers, weaknesses and mission to inspire the children's superhero characters.

PROCESS:  1. Dress up! 2. Each child decides what his or her superhero or superheroine's name, power, weakness and mission is. 3. Pose for photographic and filmed portriats. 

MATERIALS: The kids' costumes, tripod, camera, video camera, posters of ideas "pick-your-own-superhero" 
Meet the kids' superheroe characters from 
NUEVA PROSPERINA: 

"I am Capitan Camila.  My super power is extreme strength.  My weak point is that I am afraid of snakes.  My mission is to protect the people."

"I am Powerful Ivon.  My super power is extreme intelligence   My weak point is that I am afraid of snakes.  My mission is to combat violence."

"I am Powerful Krystal.  My super power is speed.  My weak point is water.  My mission is to protect nature."

"I am Marvelous Mercy.  My super power is that I can jump great distances.  My weak point is that I can't control my rage.  My mission is to fight against criminals."

"I am Super Nicole.  My super power is to read minds.   My weak point is that I am afraid of mice.  My mission is to combat crime."

"I am Marvelous Nicol.  My super power is to throw ice.   My weak point is that I am afraid of mice.  My mission is to take care of the environment."

"I am Powerful Nayeli.  My super power is speed.   My weak point is that I am allergic to earth.  My mission is to take care of nature."

Meet the kids' superheroe characters
from SERGIO TORAL:


"I am Super Alberto.  My super power is that I can throw fire.   My weak point is that I am afraid of snakes.  My mission is to protect the people."

"I am Super Candy.  My super power is that I can throw fire.    My weak point is that I am allergic to water.  My mission is to save the animals."

"I am Marvelous Genesis My super power is extreme strength   My weak point is that I am allergic to sunlight.  My mission is to protect the people."

"I am Captain Michael.  My super power is speed My Achille's heel is that I am vulnerable to fire.  My mission is to fight agaist crime."

"I am Captain Mirco.  My super power is that I can see the future.  My weak point is that I am vulnerable to kryptonite.  My mission is to save the world."

"I am Fire Man.  My super power is fire.    My weak point is water.  My mission is to protect the world."

Meet the kids' superhero characters
from SOCIO VIVIENDA 2:

Here are some print outs of famous superhero scenes that the kids in Socio Vivienda 2 coloured in and then described the action, in an impromptu Club de Arte session at the side of the football pitch.  A good introduction to storytelling!

No comments:

Post a Comment