Sunday 24 August 2014

Life inbetween Art Club: birthdays :-)


Way back in July (I'm writing this at the end of August), I celebrated my 31st birthday with paint, glowy-poi and some seriously high quality whisky thanks to my mate David bringing two bottles of Jonny Walker's through duty free when he arrived into Guayaquil from Norway.

My Club de Arte colleague and JUCONI orientador Ronald has his birthday on the 12th of July, just a couple of days before mine on the 15th, and it just so happened that this weekend was both full moon and David's first weekend in Guayaquil… and I think it's fair to say that we marked all of those special events in serious style!!







Laura, David and I spent almost all of Saturday daytime preparing the yard at Ronald's - while Laura and I painted these two figures David DJ'd and photogtraphed, mainly the hilarious combo of dog, cat, duck and 3-year-old-girl, Sofía, Ronald's daughter.  At the actual party itself David DJ'd along with another old workmate's brother, "Spirit" George - thanks lads! :-)



Big thanks to to all of you back home who sent gifts and cards in the package that Mum sent through to me.  It arrived with brilliant timing because I was able to pick it up on the way home from work on the day of my actual birthday, so after having being spoilt rotten with cake, pizza and hugs at the office I had all of your photos, presents and messages to go through at home.  Despite being so far away I felt very very loved, so thank you all so much, and especially to you Mum for organising it all and all your notes of "because…" Big huge thanks too to my amazing boyfriend Tyrone who built this stunning bike for me, La Flamma, and Auntie Dorothy, David and Auntie Margaret for the funds to get such a good helmet…looking forward to getting out more and more on the road!  :-) xxx


It was also Tyrone's birthday back on the 28th June.  We celebrated his in our house with a combined party for him and to say goodbye to Tom, the Peace Corp volunteer that has just left JUCONI after a 2 year placement.  Then we went for a night to Puerto Lopez to stay in a treehouse…


…look in rockpools...

…and get excited about whale-watching on the upcoming trip with David!

p.s. going back even further in time, I've just found these photos from June when our house temporarily adopted another street kitten, Willow, who's now living with the sister of our director at JUCONI.


The video editing that kitten Willow was 'helping' me with was the result of a 2 hour animation workshop that I gave at the Manso hostel here in Guayaquil, as part of the social initiative "Kambalache Espacio de Trueque"  (Place of exchange):

No comments:

Post a Comment