Saturday 29 June 2013

ONE: Cristina Riofrío Reyes



Cristina Riofrío Reyes
A challenge I overcame: I overcame my fear and discomfort with the new.  I overcame my old grudges with Chile and I fell in love!! :-)
A dream for my future: I dream of being able to continue my work and to learn more each day and with a house by the beach with Panda and a little dog Panda
A hope for the global community: I hope that every moment is a creation of consciousness and that from very little we will move forward recognising, loving and valuing this world and its beings. 


Cristina Riofrio is a gorgeous Ecuadorian artist who works with performance to bring joy and happiness to random strangers through her Project ¨Transacciones Urbanas¨ (Urban Transactions) where she makes interventions in the street such as “Se Vende Felicidade” where Chisti dressed as a street vendor and gave out hugs!  Another of her pieces that impressed me hugely was “Se Vende Belleza” (Beauty for sale) where individuals swap their permission to be  photographed for a glimpse at beauty, which Cristina shows them by opening a box which has.... a mirror inside, reflecting back the participants own beauty. Brilliant!

Chisti and I met on the Curatoria Forense artist residency in Villa Alegre in Chile back in February 2012, where I was hugely impressed and inspired by her videos documenting these actions (and also where, very romantically, she and Panda met and fell in love!)  Christina has recently been involved in another residency in Lima, Peru, working with the Peruvian collective Santa Rosa to create the Project ¨Se Vende el Arte¨(Art for Sale) in the neighbourhood of Barranca, read a review of the Project here.

Chisti became a great friend and dancing buddy over the course of that residency and I will hugely look forward to seeing her next year in Ecuador if my path continues in that direction.  :-)

Hasta pronto Cristina, estoy esperando mucho a salir bailando contigo otra vez ahí en Ecuador el año que viene! Suerte con todos tus proyectos y aventuras mientras, con abrazos fuertes mi hermantia linda!
 :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment