Wednesday 27 February 2013

Back to city life in Santiago...


Last Saturday a big group of us returned to Santiago, getting into the city around midnight... it was fun traveling as a pack... the bus stations instantly become more fun, we were drinking beers in a Fuente (where luckily we reconnected with Kristina and Panda) and every time we cheered all the local folk in the bar raised their glasses too... muy buena onda!


"Where there is education there is no class distinction." 

These few days are ones of catching up with video editing from before the residency (hence my new favourite Spanish expression - "ponerme al día" which translates directly as "to put me on the day", meaning to catch up) and catching up on sleep... (including letting my skin heal - the lack of sleep and continual drinking combo resulted in a bit of a spotty chin explosion, eugh!)


I'm holding off on more museum visits until I've got up to date with work, but as there are still a few residency friends around I've been out and about too making use of the metro.... we celebrated Kristina's birthday Sunday night and last night went out Salsa-ing until the wee hours.   Kindly Angelica (one of my room mates from the residency) put me in touch with her sister who lives right in the centre of Santiago, so I'm lucky enough to be staying in the trendy Bella Vista area.  What with staying in during the day working on the computer and having bought a Blip card (tube and bus equivalent of an Oyster card in London) and signed up to a couple of local YogaLuka classes (yoga classes for just £1.40 per hour!) I'm starting to feel just like a local city worker.  (There's even a London Cafe with tube logo and all!)


"Your life is all that you have achieved."

Finally, here are a couple of links I've enjoyed today:
1. A link from Jorge at Curatoria Forense to an article (in Spanish) about our residency.
2. A music video (with English subtitles) from Puerto Rican band Calle 13 that Emma and James introduced me to back in Valparaíso - I came across this video today while I was searching for a track to use in an edit and really love the animated mural in this, and the links which highlight similiarities between all the different folk of Latin America going about their daily lives - brilliant!


Enjoy! 
:-)

No comments:

Post a Comment