Friday 15 February 2013

Thank you Emma & James :-)


Wow, what a week!


Sending a huge thank you to Emma and James for being such brilliant hosts and agents in easing me into the local life of Chile, brilliant!
 
Thanks too to all the other flatmates of Casa Leighton who have made my stay so enjoyable.  We ended as we began when Veronica sang for us last night at my request.  We recorded her singing Mi Amor Valparaíso, so that I can hopefully use it as the backbone for a wee video-montage of the city, let’s see.

 I’m now heading out of la Joya del Pacifico and towards the art residency in Villa Alegre.  There have been reports of avalanches in the Andes which have tragically caused some deaths and also apparently closed the border crossing from Argentine into Chile so my point of contact for the residency, Ilze, is apparently stuck on the Argentinian side of the border. 

Here’s keeping fingers crossed that she makes her way across soon to join us, whoever that ‘us’ may be – I’m exited to find out!
 


“Let life fly”

Big love from half-way-between-Valpo-and-Villa_Alegre!
J

No comments:

Post a Comment