Saturday 20 April 2013

Lagoa Love: Dear Hannah....


Dear Hanny Han,

After talking to you and Lily and Amelia and Phil today I was so joyful and loved-up... using Diego's expression:  you refilled my soul! So thank you!!! :-)

It was a timely delight then to start spotting heart after heart after mosaic-graffitti-heart on the road as I biked over to local lake Lagoa Conceiçao to meet up with another of the Step 1 students Brook.  This one particular heart-filled wall really made me smile because of it's extra addition of a toucan - it reminds me of that first morning back at yours after Central America when Lily and Amelie were squawking away wearing their toucan mask.  This wall even labelled with a mosaic plaque: "wall-to-wall love"... how beautiful! :-)



 

And another mural I spotted and reckon that as a fellow-Scot you'll appreciate: our Scottish national animal the unicorn chasing a cat-like creature of some sort (I'd like to imagine it as a wolf actually) with the worlds 'wild self'.  This was another timely image and welcome motivator being as I spotted it at the side of the steep slopes of the hill that I had to cross to get to and from the lake.  On the two wheels of the Freedom Key it was actually steep enough to have me thinking back to the tough cycling of Mexico and Guatemala (except of course here without a load on the bike, and for much shorter distance thankfully).  Plus I got away with it because I'd seen how steep it was the night before by car so was mentally prepared!  (We'd crossed by car to go to a bar with the lovely Step 1 friends - a brilliant night with lots of opportunity to chatter in Portuguese and my first chance to dance samba on Brazilan soil with some seriously good dancers in our crew, yay! Muito obrigada para organizar y convidarmos Andreia!)  

 Wild Self

Enjoy your holiday in Singapore Hannyhan... 
and here's to letting our wild selves roam free! 

Big huge love to you and all the family!
:-)

No comments:

Post a Comment