Thursday 4 April 2013

Love from Buenos Aires x


A detail of Buenos Aires that seems quirky to my Londoner-eyes are these familiar-looking bright red phone- and post-boxes.  Perhaps the rainy backdrop to the letterbox makes it all the more familiar.... it seemed to rain pretty much non-stop from my second day on until this morning.  Lesson learned: it is NOT wise to wear shoes with giant holes worn through the soles while walking through rainy streets. Who'd've thunk it!

These London-reminders are apt symbols of communication in this city where there seems to be such a myriad of details reminding me of you special folk back home that I am constantly taking photos to digitally post back to you.  So for my up-coming series of posts I'm going to hopefully swap the long rambles temporarily for shorter postcard-posts that will hopefully give you a wee taste of the vibrancy and variety of Buenos Aires (do I hear you saying 'phew' on the non-ramble point?  Let's hope I can stick to it eh?! ;-) )

This new approach will be echoing dear friend Kate Gallon's recent email postcard, and responding to (stealing from?!) another beloved friend, Lynsey Butler's hilarious blog-in-response-to-this-blog Dear Kim... (Idinnaekenwhityertalkinaboot).    Lyns' blog is SERIOUSLY funny... and sharply concise (Lyns I need to learn from you how to wit-not-waffle!)

And how important it is to communicate, hey... Thanks to Mauro I'm carrying a copy of '25 propositions to "Live Well"' from expert in Andean world view and minister of External Relations of the Multinational state of Bolivia, David Choquehuanca, and below is point number 15, to know how to communicate oneself:
15.  To know how to communicate oneself.
To Live Well is to know how to communicate oneself.  In the new Multinational State one tries to revive the communication that existed in ancestral communities. The result of this good communication, mentioned by the Chancellor, is dialogue.  "We have to communicate ourselves in the way that our parents used to, and we must resolve problems without them becoming conflicts, this we must not lose."

Also, it's just damn nice to stay in touch hey? So anyone who wants to take a leaf out of Kate's book and send me post-card email (?!) please feel free, it will make me very happy, and as Kate says, otherwise this blogging business feels very one-way.


And from personal postcards to project postcards....
In a happy moment of synchronisity it also happened that Kate sent me her answers to the postcard project unprompted exactly as I was planning the logistics of inviting you folks back home and around the globe. What a welcome surprise!  So again, any of who you would like to participate, follow the process explained in the following post and you will make me a very happy munkey! :-)

So thanks Lyns for the brilliant blogging and thanks Kate for your postcard-email and for being the first from back home to respond to my postcard project, ace!
:-)

1 comment:

  1. P.S. In a belated update to this post, the issue of the rain was far greater than I realised when writing. There were actually serious floodings in Buenos Aires and the surronding area particularly the city of La Plata. Tragically 59 people lost their lives as a result, and so my heart goes out to the families who are mourning their loved ones.
    http://www.focolare.org/en/news/2013/04/08/argentina-solidarieta-piu-forte-dellinondazione/

    ReplyDelete