Saturday 27 April 2013

Yoga and elephants: Dear Åsa...


Dear Åsa, 

How are you doing m'lovely? 
I've been thinking about you a lot over the last few weeks since arriving in Brazil because I signed up to a yoga school for a couple of weeks to try and get some activity back in my traveling-life.  Are you still going every week to the Thursday yoga classes at the gym?  These classes in Florianópolis were pretty different to the ones we do there in London, being slower, with the idea not to sweat, and including lots of breathing exercises and techniques to massage the inner organs, eyes etc.  It is a technique called SwáSthya taught by a school the deRose Method that has branches all over the world including Kensington.  The good thing about this technique is you could do it anywhere and every day (I was trying one balancing position on the beach the other day) but I think at heart I prefer Ashtanga... or maybe a mix of the two.

I was also reminded of you by a few of these characters spotted in murals around the city, the tambourine-bloke top right for some reason really reminds me of your characters.   And then when I saw this elephant-riding image below I was thinking of your cow-riding fantasies! :-) I went back to try to take a photo of this in the day time but it was obscured by a nut stall.


Missing you lovely Åsa, looking forward to seeing you in the summer!
Sending bug hugs to you and everyone else at the studio.
:-)

No comments:

Post a Comment